Recombinant COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) Spike protein S1 subunit was fused to to Mouse IgG1 Fc tag at C-terminus and expressed in human cells. The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell: they are essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity. The term 'peplomer' is typically used to refer to a grouping of heterologous proteins on the virus surface that function together. The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. Most notable is severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spike (S) glycoprotein alone can mediate the membrane fusion required for virus entry and cell fusion. It is also a major immunogen and a target for entry inhibitors. The SARS-CoV spike (S) protein is composed of two subunits; the S1 subunit contains a receptor-binding domain that engages with the host cell receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and the S2 subunit mediates fusion between the viral and host cell membranes. The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity, during infection with SARS-CoV.
Reconstitution: It is recommended that sterile water be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of 0.25 mg/ml. Centrifuge the vial at +4 degrees Celsius before opening to recover the entire contents.
- Shipping: In general, recombinant proteins are provided as lyophilized powder which are shipped at ambient temperature.Bulk packages of recombinant proteins are provided as frozen liquid. They are shipped out with blue ice unless customers require otherwise.
- Storage: Store it under sterile conditions at -20 to -80 centigrade. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Stability: Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20 to -80 centigrade.
- Expression system: HEK293
- Origin species: 2019-nCoV
- Tag: Mouse IgG1 Fc
- Predicted N Terminal: Val
- Endotoxin: <1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method
- Purity: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE
- Protein length: 904 AA
- Form: Lyophilized from sterile PBS, pH 7.4. Normally 5% - 8% trehalose, mannitol and 0.01% Tween80 are added as protectants before lyophilization
- Molecular Mass: The recombinant COVID-19 spike protein S1 consists of 904 amino acids and predicts a molecular mass of 101.4 kDa.
For research use only, not to be used for human or animal diagnostics or treatment.