Panbio™ COVID 19 Ag Rapid Test Device Nasopharyngeal
Identify COVID-19 patients in 15 minutes!
FOR PEOPLE EXPOSED TO COVID-19 , Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device
- High performance compared to nasal PCR.
- Rapid identification of contagious individuals.
- Accessible and large-scale testing.
FOR PERSONS EXPOSED TO COVID-19
For patients with suspected COVID-19 infection or high exposure to COVID-19, Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device. Requiring no instrumentation and providing results in 15 minutes, it is an incredible tool for mass testing. Efficient, portable and scalable option for COVID-19 coronavirus testing. It can also be useful for supporting public health strategies such as contact tracing and large-scale testing of individuals suspected of having an active infection.
Test results in 15 minutes
Quick identification of possible contagious persons
No special/additional instruments required
It can be used in a wide variety of non-laboratory environments.
Test with WHO approval and recommendation. Abbott's Panbio ™ COVID-19 COVID-19 Ag Nasopharyngeal Rapid Test Device Nasopharyngeal Test is a rapid in vitro diagnostic test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen (Ag) in human nasal swabs from individuals who meet the clinical and/or epidemiological criteria. criteria for COVID-19. in nasal swab specimens from individuals who meet the clinical and/or epidemiological criteria Criteria. The Panbio ™ COVID-19 Ag Nasopharyngeal Rapid Test Device is for professional use only and is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The product can be used in any laboratory or non-laboratory environment that meets the requirements specified in the Instructions for Use and local regulations. The test provides preliminary test results.
Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection and cannot be used as the sole basis for treatment or other management decisions. Negative results should be combined with clinical observations with clinical observations, patient history and epidemiological information.
How to use Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device?
Frequently asked questions
- High importance in confirming the presence of infection.
- Rapid expansion of the number of coronavirus tests (COVID-19).
- Extension of access to the tests.
- Reducing hospital overcrowding through access to decentralised testing.
- Time to obtain results: 10 - 20 minutes.
- Easy to use: a simple blood sample from a finger prick.
Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid test are considered more accurate in a patient who has symptoms of COVID-19, has a high performance compared to PCRs or rapid tests of other brands.
The rapid appositive antigen test detects the presence of an antigen (Ag) against COVID-19 and the sample is the same as the nasopharyngeal or PCR test,
The best thing is that the result is obtained in 15 minutes, it is a test with 100% sensitivity of infection in the first 3 days and 90% in 4-7 days.
- Test time: 15 minutes
- Nasal swab versus nasal PCR: sensitivity 98,1 % (99,0 % for samples with Ct values ≤ 33)/specificity 99,8%.
- Nasal swab versus nasopharyngeal PCR: sensitivity 91,1 % / specificity 99,7%.
- Nasopharyngeal swab versus nasopharyngeal PCR: sensitivity 91,4 % (94,1 % for samples with Ct values ≤ 33)/specificity 99,8%.
- Storage: 2 °C - 30 °C
- Abbot BRAND
- Type of sample: nasal or nasopharyngeal swab
- Quantity: 25 tests/kit
Panbio's covid-19 rapid test is of great value in trying to contain the spread of the COVID virus.
WHAT TYPES OF TESTS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are essentially two broad categories of tests:
- Antigen test (often referred to as the rapid test).
This test detects Coronavirus-specific protein fragments. It can be performed in a clinic, doctor's office or hospital. Turnaround time for results is usually very fast and, in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
- PCR test.
The PCR test is considered the "gold standard" in the detection of SARS-CoV-2. This test actually detects virus-specific RNA (or genetic material) and can detect the virus within days of infection, even in asymptomatic people. The test can be performed in a clinic, a hospital or even in the car. Turnaround time is longer, usually 2-3 days, but results can be available in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or more.